We are happy to provide you with a free quote on moving to New Zealand or moving overseas. Simply fill in our online form and one of our representatives will be in touch with an accurate moving quote.
Prohibited and Restricted Items
Items that CANNOT be shipped or stored include:
- Flammables including: petroleum products, matches, ammunition and explosives, fireworks, aerosol cans, lighter fluids, paints (art paint can only be shipped if non flammable and not liquid), thinners etc. Gas bottles can only be shipped if they have been purged professionally and a certificate supplied. Petrol cans can be shipped if they have been emptied, cleaned out with detergent and allowed to air out.
- Acids, ammonia, cleaning products, corrosives, batteries of all kinds, not forgetting batteries in torches, radios, remotes etc.
- Live plants
- Perishables e.g. meat products, opened foodstuffs.
- Poisons, gardening chemicals, fertilisers, weed killer, insecticides etc.
- Items covered under the CITES agreements i.e. ivory, coral, clam shells etc (unless you have a permit).
- Some antiquities are restricted for export from New Zealand. These would include, but not limited to, works of art older than 60 years relating to New Zealand and artefacts of any kind from Maori culture dating prior to 1902.