Auckland +64 9 415 0755 | Wellington +64 4 568 6663 | Tauranga +64 7 547 4070 | Christchurch +64 3 349 4758

Shipping Cars and Vehicles to the UK

clip-board25 ann   Free Moving QuoteRequest a Quote

You may import your motor car or motorcycle into the United Kingdom without paying duty provided you have owned and used it overseas for a minimum of six months, lived outside the UK  for at least twelve months, are taking up permanent residence in the United Kingdom and you do not intend selling the vehicle for at least one year after the date of importation.

You’ll need to complete the following form for Customs clearance purposes:

You’ll also need:

  • Documented evidence that you have owned and used the vehicle abroad as described above - for example; original purchase invoice, insurance certificate etc.
  • Copy of current passport.
  • Utility bills for a period of 12 months prior to your arrival in the UK (to prove residency). This is to satisfy the conditions for relief as per Public Notice 3.
  • Customs form C384 if your vehicle does not meet the above requirements and you need to pay duty and VAT.

Single Vehicle Approval

Your vehicle will have to pass a Single Vehicle Approval (SVA) inspection of its design and construction before it can be registered and licensed. For further information go to After your vehicle has passed the required inspection you will be issued with a Minister's Approval Certificate which is needed when applying to license and register your vehicle.

clip-board25 ann   Free Moving QuoteRequest a Quote


to Top